ENERGY Take 5.2 and/or Connoisseur C-5

H

Hoser

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hey all, virgin post from a rookie who couldn't quite find the exact answers he's looking for.

Anyway, I am pretty much sold (as is my wife - very important) on the ENERGY Take 5.2 system for home theatre 5.1 - we have a pretty small room, for now.  Then she says to me &quot;maybe we can get towers later to complement them and achieve better musical performance&quot;.  

I have never really heard or read anything remotely questioning the ability or value of the Connoisseur C-5s, but I am unsure of how they may complement/match with the Take 5.2, which I think uses pretty different speakers.  Perhaps I should be looking at building a system that is equally capable (with music and cinema) exclusively within the Connoisseur line..........?

One thing I noticed from reviewing the Connoisseur line is that my Kenwood receiver is a 5x100W and the C-5s rate at 150W.  From what I gather, this may not be huge deal (especially in a small room), but I would also appreciate some feedback before I get me hopes up too high....</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
T

twodan

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>ian, even if you use this as a starter system to wet you wife's whistle, it may be the impitus (sp) to a bigger, better system in the future. kinda like a refrigerator without an icemaker..many were bought that way, but usually when buying new, the icemaker seems to be a must.
good luck,
dan</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
If you are looking at Micro system's I urge you to look at the new Klipsch RSX systems They absolutly rock the house
and look very cool too

Hope this helps</font>

H

Hoser

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the comments guys.  Although I have yet to actually hear the c-5s (stop laughing at me), the more I think about sub/sat vs. tower+, the more I am leaning towards the latter and building a little longer term.  The specs on the c-5s (especially frequency response and sensitivity) lead me to believe that I would likely be very happy with just the 2 towers (and not 5.1) - in the short term at least....personal preference, I guess.</font>

H

Hoser

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Well guys, I jumped at the C-5s.  I did check out the RSX and some Dahlquist that were on clearance, but finally went for the C-5s.  These things are freakin' beautiful and with the sound to match
 - I am sure they would have no problem filling out a room twice the size they are in now!

I got a pretty decent deal, too.  So now I might have enough cash left over to pick up the centre channel AND surrounds before I thought - still have to wait for the sub, which is of very little concern to me presently given the outstanding bass performance of these babies!

Thanks anyway for your help.  I am not going anywhere as this place is a gold mine!

Later.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hoser

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>If you will excuse the double-post...

In terms of building these into a 5.1 configuration (eventually), my dealer is recommending the C-C1 centre channel and C-1 bookshelf for the rears (as opposed to the C-R1 or C-R3). &nbsp;Any thoughts or experiences that may help me with my decision? &nbsp;Bookshelf vs. &quot;dedicated rear&quot; for the rear speakers. &nbsp;Thanks again.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis