EMP subwoofer problem

B

bwhenkaline

Audioholic Intern
So i've had my EMP system hooked up for about 4 days now, and have noticed that the sub box is rattling pretty good. I've determined that it is coming from the back panel as i can put pressure on it with my hand and the rattling will go away. I took my screw driver to the panel to make sure everything was tight and found that in the bottom corner there is a screw that will not tighten, it will just spin freely. Anyone got a solution for this? or should i just send it back as a defective sub?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Um is the screw stripped or is the part that the screw screws into stripped? If the screw is stripped just replace the screw. If it's the other way around I dunno.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The first thing to check is that it is not simply the threads on the screw that are stripped. Back out the bad one and if it looks stripped, remove a good one from elsewhere to try in the first hole to make sure the female threads are good.

The times I've called EMP, the phone was answered by people who knew
the details of their product.
They may be able to offer more convenient options than shipping back the entire unit depending on the construction at the specific screw hole you are having trouble with.

B

bwhenkaline

Audioholic Intern
thanks i'll check out using another screw. Since this is my first "real" home theater, is it normal to hear the sub box rattling like that? the bass is good, or should i say decent, but that rattle is god awful.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I would assume that the loose screw is not holding something that it should be. Certainly, there should be no rattle coming from the Sub itself.
Also, something could have broke loose in transit.

You'll probably just want to return it for a replacement. EMP has been good to deal with in my experience.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
put some wood glue on a toothpick and poke it down in the hole. don't fill the hole just get some glue down in there. let it dry overnight and replace screw.

chesbak

chesbak

Audioholic Intern
put some wood glue on a toothpick and poke it down in the hole. don't fill the hole just get some glue down in there. let it dry overnight and replace screw.
This should work... or a trusty glue gun....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis