Emotiva's UMC-1 AV preamp-processor

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It's been a long time coming. If it were available earlier, I would have taken a chance and bought one. Pre/pro's aren't cheap and if this one comes to market bug free, it will be a bargain.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
"HDMI sources can be format converted to component video up to 1080i"
From the website

Is this not the first time we've seen a converting from HDMI to component?

Plus that thing looks amazing.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Great looking, nice features, but........it's looked good on paper for what, a year now?
I'm sure a part of me will be kicking myself for not having the patience to have waited it out, I love Emotiva, but it's just been too long.
Not good.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Great looking, nice features, but........it's looked good on paper for what, a year now?
I'm sure a part of me will be kicking myself for not having the patience to have waited it out, I love Emotiva, but it's just been too long.
Not good.
Name me one good product that you knew about in advance before it was put down on paper that did not take awhile?

Remember they had months and months of hold up waiting for the chipset to be complete (a chipset that i believe only a Cary Audio and a Krell processor currently use) and they did a couple of different things to adapt to the ever changing market. Now they are taking an extra precautious step to make sure it has as few bugs as possible. They dont want another buggy processor like the LMC-1 on their hands since this has gotten monumental hype.

In my books they can take as much time as needed to make this product as good as possible because in the end for only $699 this processor offers more than most processors on the market.

If you can't handle the wait, so what alot of people (including myself) have done...purchase a fill in, then sell it when the new processor comes out. Its not so hard.

I just wish i could hear more about the XMC-1 :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis