J

joe mcfarland

Audiophyte
ok I have a xda-2,umc-200, and a oppo nap-103. Thinking about using the xda-2 as my main dac. Is this the better of the 3?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi!

What are you trying to accomplish? Cause the XDA2 would only work for a stereo configuration, whereas the UMC200 will give you surround sound. There's will be a negligible difference in sound quality between these products.

J

joe mcfarland

Audiophyte
Yes. Looking for better stereo sound. It a two in one set up I watch movies in surround. And music in two channel. Wondering if there would be better sound quality with the xda.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn't be surprised if the XDA2 and UMC share the same components. For ease of connectivity with your sources, I'd just stick with the UMC.

J

joe mcfarland

Audiophyte
I have the xda2 and upa 500 hooked up to def tech sm450's. Sounds pretty good. Using an ipure 20. iPod dock.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I have the xda2 and upa 500 hooked up to def tech sm450's. Sounds pretty good. Using an ipure 20. iPod dock.
Um, no. Use one or the other, adding an un-neccessary component to the signal chain is likely degrading your sound quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis