Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
I've bought, but not yet received the xpa-2. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to place it. The dimensions listed for this amp are 17" wide, and 19" deep. My question is what are the measurements between the feet that it sets on, center to center, front to back? The width isn't a problem in my case. I only need the measurement of the feet, from center to center, front to back. My search results have turned up nothing. I cant even find an image of the underside of the xpa-2. Hoping someone who has this amp can give me the answer? Thanks!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I've bought, but not yet received the xpa-2. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to place it. The dimensions listed for this amp are 17" wide, and 19" deep. My question is what are the measurements between the feet that it sets on, center to center, front to back? The width isn't a problem in my case. I only need the measurement of the feet, from center to center, front to back. My search results have turned up nothing. I cant even find an image of the underside of the xpa-2. Hoping someone who has this amp can give me the answer? Thanks!
My UPA-1, which should be an identical chassis, is about 11-1/4".

I did not take the amp out of the rack, but I measured the front and rear foot to the front of the chassis, and adjusted for the rear foot not being measured square because of the front foot.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure why you need to know that, but if its about fitting the amp in a tight space, make sure to leave several inches for cables!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Also, don't forget to ensure adequate clearances for cooling.
The Emotiva amps put out some heat (because they are Class A/B)!
I have used 2X2's painted black running from the front foot to the back to allow me to have the back feet overhang the back of the shelf and also allows better circulation of air under the unit (especially if stacked atop another unit).

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
My UPA-1, which should be an identical chassis, is about 11-1/4".

I did not take the amp out of the rack, but I measured the front and rear foot to the front of the chassis, and adjusted for the rear foot not being measured square because of the front foot.
Not sure why you need to know that, but if its about fitting the amp in a tight space, make sure to leave several inches for cables!

Also, don't forget to ensure adequate clearances for cooling.
The Emotiva amps put out some heat (because they are Class A/B)!
I have used 2X2's painted black running from the front foot to the back to allow me to have the back feet overhang the back of the shelf and also allows better circulation of air under the unit (especially if stacked atop another unit).
Thanks guys. Im planning on setting this on top of my electric fireplace, however the depth of the top of that fireplace is only 17 inches, whereas the depth of the amp is 19 inches. I wanted to make sure the feet were inset a little bit from the edges of the amp, thus making it able to sit right on top of the 17 inch deep fireplace. Sounds like I'll be fine fitting it there. And it will not be enclosed at all, so that should be good. Thanks again!!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you use spade lugs for the speaker wires and right angle rca adapters, you can cut the required clearance behind the unit by almost 3/4".

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
If you use spade lugs for the speaker wires and right angle rca adapters, you can cut the required clearance behind the unit by almost 3/4".
Hey thanks for that tip. I'll remember that. Im actually okay where thats concerned though because the fireplace is away from the wall by at least 6 inches or so. I was just concerned about actually setting it on top of the fireplace. And by the way, your idea of putting the 2 x 2's underneath is a good idea too! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis