Emotiva SA-250 Limited Edition Studio Reference Power Amplifier

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ships 12/30/14

The Emotiva Stealth SA-250 Studio Reference Power Amplifier gives you two channels of superb low noise, low distortion amplification, coupled with an unbeatable selection of pro features, all in a single professional caliber package. The result of this exceptional technical performance, combined with the SA-250’s massive faceted aluminum face plate and over-built chassis, is a truly iconic amplifier. The SA-250 is a unique overachiever, equally at home in a top-notch home audio system or a high-end mastering studio. If you’ve been searching for a truly exceptional two-channel power amplifier, look no further.

Audiophile Sound

First and foremost, the SA-250 is a stellar performer. Of course, the SA-250 has excellent specifications, but by now you know that specs don’t tell the whole story. Perfectly stable; pristinely pure, almost limitless power; stunning dynamics rising from a black background; never the slightest hint of strain or signal compression; absolute composure under even the most stressful operating conditions. Those phrases can only begin to describe the Stealth SA-250. You must experience it for yourself.
https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/sa-250

I love the stealh bomber look. This amp cannot be detected be conventional radar :D

- Rich

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
S

Soundenator

Audiophyte
That really is the strangest product. I'm not sure if they've been smoking some weird stuff but huh? They have 3 lines already. This costs more than the XPA-2 though it's less powerful. The look of the thing doesn't fit with their other products. Shouldn't they be putting engineering energy into getting their room Correction software out for the high end pre unit they sell?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Has anyone figured out an explanation for this amp?
They are charging more for less power and selling it as "for critical sound quality" (in their podcast).

It is a real shame for so many who have bought other Emotiva amplifiers to know that their amps were only designed with casual sound quality in mind.

Seriously, some of the specs are a little better, but I did not see anything to say this belongs in a class of it's own, apart from the rest of their products.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's all about making more money and improving reputation IMO.

If I were Emotiva, I would introduce a $9,000 Amp with a 30 years warranty. Change the brand name and aesthetic to reflect it. Even if it doesn't sell, it would give them the reputation of having such an amp.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I spoke with Emotiva today and they said 2 ea XPA-1L's would sound better than the SA-250!
WTF!?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I spoke with Emotiva today and they said 2 ea XPA-1L's would sound better than the SA-250!
WTF!?
No surprise. If it costs more, it must sound much better. ;)

My ATI AT3005 has an MSRP of $4800, so it sounds better than all the Emotiva amps put together. :D

Like I said, if EMO had a $9K 30YR 200Wx12Ch amp, it would sound the best (compared to amps less than $9K) for 30YR straight. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Has anyone figured out an explanation for this amp?
They are charging more for less power and selling it as "for critical sound quality" (in their podcast).
I am not sure what critical sound quality means but it could mean the XPA and XPR lines don't have that kind of sound.:D

Marketing people are like politicians, say anything......

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
No surprise. If it costs more, it must sound much better. ;)
But it doesn' cost more!
The SA-250 cost $1120 (msrp $1400) and the XPA-1l cost $480 each or $960 for the pair (msrp $600 ea).

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My biggest problem with Emotiva amps is the depth that generally runs around 20". that is a full 4" to 6" deeper than my other gear (and deeper than my cabinet).
Now that we have quit using deep CRT TV's that seems like a poor decision.
My Outlaw monoblocks are only 13" deep!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis