ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
3 CHANNEL EMOTIVA MPS-1

~2 years old, great shape, not a scratch to be found.

I got this when Emo was selling as many modules as you wanted and the chassis. Later down the road Emo quit doing this after they discovered that without all 7 modules installed, the chassis flexes and causes an optical isolator issue.

That being said, the amp works flawlessly as long as you are not picking it up and carrying it around as it is playing. Once placed on your shelf, you will not have any issues with the amp.

Since the issue is there, I will let this go for a deep discount. If I remember correctly, I paid 1200 or so bucks for this and I will sale it for $400 plus PP fees and shipping.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Arrggg! You're buying Patrick's Rotel, aren't you? :mad: :p

Good for you, man. You beat me to it. I was thinking of getting that and selling my IPS-1.

$400 for that is a great deal for someone looking for a 3-channel amp.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, I am going against my own preaching on using pro amps. I just couldn't pass up a deal on the Rotel as I have always wanted one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Great deal. Too bad I don't have the funds :( Do they still make the modules?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am sure they still make the modules, they are the sames as the MPS2. I haven't called and asked if they will sell them.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
3 CHANNEL EMOTIVA MPS-1

~2 years old, great shape, not a scratch to be found.

I got this when Emo was selling as many modules as you wanted and the chassis. Later down the road Emo quit doing this after they discovered that without all 7 modules installed, the chassis flexes and causes an optical isolator issue.

That being said, the amp works flawlessly as long as you are not picking it up and carrying it around as it is playing. Once placed on your shelf, you will not have any issues with the amp.

Since the issue is there, I will let this go for a deep discount. If I remember correctly, I paid 1200 or so bucks for this and I will sale it for $400 plus PP fees and shipping.
How would this match up with my Pioneer vsx-1015 tx Thanks I was trying to buy the XA-3 on sale but they are still out of stock

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How would this match up with my Pioneer vsx-1015 tx Thanks I was trying to buy the XA-3 on sale but they are still out of stock
What exactly do you mean by "match up"? It's an amp; as long as you have preouts (which I am fairly certain the 1015 does) it will work fine.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am getting a lot of PMs on this so if someone is going to act, they should act quickly.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
What exactly do you mean by "match up"? It's an amp; as long as you have preouts (which I am fairly certain the 1015 does) it will work fine.
What do I mean,I was always under the impression that some folks just dont use certain units with others, my receiver does have pre outs and probably has decent power for an average HT however my dedicated room is 22'x28' with 8' ceilings at the outside walls and 16 ' high in the center and some times I feel as though I just cant fill the room with a good natural sound if ya know what I mean so would an amp such as this help me out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What do I mean,I was always under the impression that some folks just dont use certain units with others, my receiver does have pre outs and probably has decent power for an average HT however my dedicated room is 22'x28' with 8' ceilings at the outside walls and 16 ' high in the center and some times I feel as though I just cant fill the room with a good natural sound if ya know what I mean so would an amp such as this help me out.
Yes, it will help you out as these amps are head and shoulders superior to what is in the 1015. In terms of pairing an amp with a particular receiver, your sound will take on some of the characteristics of the amps, but the sound is still processed by the receiver and will sound more similar than not. I moved to the Audiosource amp thinking it would sound a little flatter like my former custom Amp OneA did, but through my receiver, it sounds surprisingly similar to my monoblocks. I tested a 1014 and found the amp section to be a bit lacking, so IMO, an amp like this would be a good idea for a room that big.

A month ago I would have bought this without a second thought, but with the surgery and being off, I am a little short on funds.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Guys, I really have a lot of people Pm'ing about this. I don't want to piss anyone off so whoever says "sold" first gets it.

I guess I under priced this but I wanted to be fair and honest about the flex issue and price.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I told Rickster the cosmetics were flawless on this amp, what I didn't tell him was that my wife had it powder coated in a nice pink color............

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis