ELAC DS-101 Discovery Music Server Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
With so many ways to play, stream, and store music these days it’s hard to find one that has the functionality and quality that a discriminating audiophile needs. With that in mind, ELAC introduced their DS-101 Discovery Music Server last month at CES in Las Vegas. With a lifetime license to the Roon software and the ability to play eight different contents to eight areas of your home, the ELAC DS-101 may be the music server for you.

Read on to find out and be sure to check out our YouTube Video overview with Elac to get all of the exclusive details.

Read: ELAC DS-101 Discovery Music Server Preview

I

isilver

Audiophyte
Yes, I'd like to get my hands on one of these, quite a nice looking unit, I wonder if it will come in black to match the rest of my equipment?

W

WoodyBoyd

Audiophyte
I may have missed this information in the review, but does this unit have it's own high quality DAC, so I can run the analog signal from the Discovery directly to my NAD T753 receiver? Or do I need to run the signal from the Discovery through a seperate DAC, thence into the analog inputs into the T753? I know that my T753 has it's own internal DAC, but I am assuming that there are better DAC's available now than what was available when the T753 was produced. I apolgise if this is a rudimentary question, but I am just starting to research and learn about putting together a "digital" source (internet streaming, internet purchase of HD music files, and copies of my CD's on a NAS) for my audio system.

andybob

andybob

Audiophyte
The version of Roon bundled with the ELAC Discovery is not upgradable to full unbundled Roon. See the comments on the Roon forums (search: "Roon server appliance from ELAC").

I can't link it because of the ten post anti-spam rule. Of course I could spam this post another nine times and then link it ...

Last edited:
L

LS35a

Audiophyte
What does this do that the $499 Bluesound Node 2 doesn't do?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis