Editorial: FED UP with the Movies!

<font color='#000080'>Toby Dalsgaard, one of our new editorial writers, gives his take on the state of moviegoing in America. From pimply-faced seat-kicking brats to people who just can't stop talking long enough to shove their faces full of popcorn... the movies are't quite what they used to be... Read on...

[Read the Editorial]</font>

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
<font color='#000000'>Well said, but my biggest complaint of all is the awful sound and picture quality and the ineptitude of the people running the equipment. I have all but given up going to the movies now. I saw two movies at the theater last year. Return of the King and Kill Bill, however, I wish that I had only seen one of those movies. One of them was a piece of political correctness junk gone mad and the other was a fantastic epic that will live in the hearts of many for years to come.</font>

P

pds

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I no longer go to our local theatre since they have taken to showing 20 minutes of commercials before the movie (this is not counting previews). &nbsp;I feel that when I pay for a ticket I shouldn't have to view any commercials whatsoever. &nbsp;

After purchasing a 65 inch HDTV and having an excellent audio system, I no longer have any need to go to a theatre.</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>Once after installing a HT at a customers house he showed me his dvd collection. I was shocked after seeing how many he had (500+). This was his explanation for his enormous collection. &quot;You go to the theater and pay $8 a ticket. Then you have to deal with an annoying baby or teenagers talking.. If you have to go to the bathroom you always miss out on the most important details...&quot; His Solution... &quot;Buy the movie the first week it comes out for $15.. Its less than the price of two tickets and you can go to the bathroom when you want!&quot;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
<font color='#000000'>Yep and I think I am closing in on the 400 mark myself
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I concur. And lets not forget about the $10 for popcorn &amp; a drink.Outrageous.</font>

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I also want to add that,for those of you who haven't seen it yet, that &quot;28 days later&quot; might be the worst movie to come out in the last 10 yrs. or so. I know this is not a review thread, but I noticed that it was listed in the editorial.</font>

JVC

JVC

Banned
The ONLY movies we have seen in the theater, in the past 7-8 years, are the LOTR movies. That was only because we wanted to see them on the BIG screen. The only movie I know of that I would still go see at a theater is The Hobbit......

When I hear a cell phone ring in a movie, I just want to explode! Or in a restaurant too. If I knew I wouldn't get arrested, when a cell phone rings in a movie, restaurant or in a store, I'd walk up to the person and slap the **** out of them! Leave the phone in the car! Caller ID will tell you who tried to get you, and you can call them back!

Rant over..........

U

Unregistered

I liked 28 days later!

I can understand why some people wouldn't like it, but the worst movie of the last 10 years?

Worse than Battlefield Earth, Jeepers Creepers, Dungeons & Dragons, Legally Blonde 2, Kangaroo Jack, The Omega Code and House of the Dead?

Wow, that's harsh!

U

Unregistered

Blair Witch Project was the only movie I seriously almost walked out on, except poeple told me the end was soooo scary. It wasn't and I wasted a good hour and a half. I can make the money back, I'll never make the time back :( . Other than Freddy Got Fingered was probably the most disgusting movie I have ever seen, just pure distastefullness....some one actually did walk of that one, and there was only 6 of us there!!

I'm surprised no-one not even the article mentioned the laser pointer. Thats the only thing that seriously pisses me off, because sometimes you forget about your phone, or really want to ask the person next to you a question. But the laser is just flat out someone being a jerk. I just want to take one of the stair railings and beat the snot out of that person till I feel real happy inside!

There is a 75' DLP theater near my house, we go to that during the weekdays since we work nights. Its real nice, no kids, hardly and poeple, and a great seat and sound system. Shrek 2 looked amazing on DLP...most animations do, especially Final Fantasy when that came out!

A

Aridhol

Audiophyte
Are theaters where you guys live really that bad?

I've never heard a cellphone go off in a theater, not once. The most annoying thing I have to put up with is people talking, I loathe it. Even if it's a whisper I just want to drown them in the theaters overpriced watered down pop.

When I get a nice projector and screen then I can finally leave the talkers behind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis