eclipse aluminum 15" 8815-6

T

TuroK27

Audiophyte
hi,
just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this sub in the home? this is supposed to be a small sealed application sub. my manual has 3 box size options (.75, 1.0, & 1.5CuFt) along with a frequency graph for each size box.

would the biggest box be the best choice for a living room?
would it be bad to put it in a bigger than recommended enclosure?

thanks,
TuroK27

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
follow the yellow brick road...........instructions.

I would do what it says, and pick the box that has the FR curve that you like.

And if im not mistaken, its that not a car audio subwoofer? i know there a company called eclipse, and the woofers and aluminium.

sheep

T

TuroK27

Audiophyte
eclipse 15"

yes it is a 6ohm SQ car sub made for small sealed boxes.
the freq. response graphs (or the 3 different box sizes)were done assuming a 1/2 space environment, automobile is more like 1/4 space or less(straight from manual). i've seen people put these subs in very large ported boxes for one reason or another, i didnt know if a larger sealed box would be better for my living room(14x16), if this sub would even work in a larger box.

thanks,
TuroK27

annunaki

annunaki

If you would like, PM me with the T/S parameters. I can calculate what size enclosure would give you a .707 Qtc. (usually best for home use) I would bet it is larger than what Eclipse would recommend for the car. Most car subs require a bit larger enclosures for home than they do for the car. I can also calculate a ported enclosure for you as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis