ebay projector screen

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It looks like a DIY kit... which says to me that it will take significantly longer to assemble than a typical aluminum frame system.

Likewise, any properly built aluminum frame won't buckle or have any issues whatsoever with ever needing to be re-tensioned. In my 12+ years in this industry, I've never seen a 'cheap' screen that needed to be retensioned, let alone a quality screen, so that is all a bunch of BS from them.

I don't get their dowel tensioning system as to how that will allow you an easy installation of the screen material. Just the opposite is what I would imagine as the screen material would need to be laid out very precisely and then the dowel pressed into place... and how exactly does it not pop back out? I guess with enough effort it may not, but I don't see that as 'easy' compared to just snapping a screen in place, or hooking it over fasteners.

Finally, their border looks 'weak' in the photos and they talk about 'including' a border, not shipping the screen with a border already attached and ready to go. So, if it isn't attached, then that leaves the process up to you. Frankly, I'll spend an extra hundred bucks or so to get a screen with a border in place.

Heck, I'd spend more just to have it pretty much ready to go out of the box.

I recommend you give HTDepot.com offers best projector screen value for home theater a try if you just want to get a decent cheap screen.

Your 110" fixed frame screen can be at your door for under 300 bucks...

HTDepot.com offers best projector screen value for home theater

Last time I checked, aluminum doesn't warp or respond poorly over time to environmental conditions, and certainly doesn't tend to 'buckle' when the material is stretched over the frame.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Thanks, I will look into those, looks as though the links/website is down at the moment, cant get you links to load.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis