Earbuds For Running and Working Out?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've been happy with My Klipsch earbuds, but they seem to be having issues so I'm thinking about replacing them (they might be S4s, but I'm not sure, they're at least 12 years old). Any suggestion for new (wired) earbuds in the $50-$100 range? I'm not super concerned about high audio quality, but I'd prefer some that can handle my workout music (e.g. Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Metallica) reasonably well. I'd be willing to go over $100 if need be.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I've been happy with My Klipsch earbuds, but they seem to be having issues so I'm thinking about replacing them (they might be S4s, but I'm not sure, they're at least 12 years old). Any suggestion for new (wired) earbuds in the $50-$100 range? I'm not super concerned about high audio quality, but I'd prefer some that can handle my workout music (e.g. Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Metallica) reasonably well. I'd be willing to go over $100 if need be.
Here are a couple mini reviews.

First I bought Status Audio IEM-2 ear buds ($49 on Amazon). These suk. Very uncomfortable, and sound is marginal even for running and working out.

Next I bought Sennheiser CX 300S (also $49 on Amazon). These are a huge improvement. Comfortable, and sound quality is good enough for running and working out (at least for me). My hearing is not great, so my review is necessarily limited with regards to sound. I suspect most people would find these to be lacking for any kind of serious listening.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I've tried dozens and personally like the earbuds Fiil makes; very balanced, high-end sound. They also come with a silicone casing with wings which helps keep them in your ears. Another nice perk is the Fiil app which allows you to EQ them in various ways assuming the model is supported. You can find them on Amazon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis