ear bud headphones?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I need to pick up a set of headphones to use at work, I'm just running them off my pc to use with cd's or internet radio, but I figured I might as well get the best bang for the buck. Any suggestions guys? I don't want to spend much money, just something with a bit of quality and can output some bass.

Matt34

Matt34

I recently did some research into a new set of headphones and your really not going to get good quailty sound out of ear buds. If your set on them I'd look at the Sennheiser MX-500 for around $35.

If your willing to try an in-ear-monitor look at the Altec Lansing iM716, Sennheiser CX300, Shure E2C and the super.fi 3 studios. All can be purchased for under $75 if you look around.

http://www.head-fi.org is your friend when it comes to researching headphones.

Edit: I got the Shures due to what was available to me at the time and am very pleased with them. Above all, I wanted to get the IM716 after reading the reviews but I couldn't find anyone that shipped to an APO address.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I'd look into the models from Shure. The E2C is fairly reasonable (I think about $60) and sounds pretty good. If you can spend more, look into the upper model Shure and Etymotic Research offerings.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jaxvon said:
I'd look into the models from Shure. The E2C is fairly reasonable (I think about $60) and sounds pretty good. If you can spend more, look into the upper model Shure and Etymotic Research offerings.
The Altecs are Etymotic cans. I recommend those over the E2Cs.

And yes, I have heard them both, one right after the other.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis