EA Acquires BioWare and Pandemic Studios

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Video game publisher Electronic Arts announced yesterday that it would acquire two software studios from Elevation Partners in a deal worth $860 million. This is the largest acquisition in the history of EA. The two game studios are BioWare Corporation and Pandemic Studios and are known for their action, adventure and role-playing games which include Star Wars Battlefront I/II, Mercenaries, Clone Wars, Dark Reign 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate I/II, and MDK 2.

Discuss "EA Acquires BioWare and Pandemic Studios" here. Read the article.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I sure am glad they released BioShock before EA got their hands on that company. Man, that's a great game! Of course, EA will pump out an exact copy of the same game next year, call it BioShock '08, and just change the names of the characters and maybe a few textures. Have you played an original EA game lately? I didn't think so...

D

Derelict

Audioholic Intern
I am pretty certain none of the companies involved had anything to do with Bioshock. But the news is certainly concerning from a gamers perspective. When money becomes the main driving force behind design decisions, gamers tend to suffer.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Bioware didn't make Bioshock, my mistake.... Maybe I was thinking about the upcoming Mass Effect game. It looks like it will be a good game, as well. But, EA likes to strangle things, even their own employees. Well, we'll just have to wait for things to shakedown and see what happens.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm a fan of Bioware. I've played Jad Empire and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic many times. I have pre-ordered Mass Effect based on my faith in the develeoper.

What concerns me is the two sequels to ME. I don't care if they are Xbox-360 exclusives or not. I just don't want the developer to cut cornersnto get the games out the door like Obsidian had to with Star Wars KOTOR II.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis