M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
This interesting item from BigO magazine e-alert...

DYLAN GOES DIGITAL: Fourteen of Bob Dylan's recently remastered SACD albums will be reissued on June 1 at a lower price but with the SACD tracks removed. This series will only contain the remastered audio CD content. Looks like SACD is not selling well for the record companies.

Is it SACD or is the Dylan catalog not selling ????

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
This may explain why there is a holdup in SACD product. It seems, like everything else, It comes down to $$$$ !

By the way, this is a sourced from stevehoffman Tv forums (I went to the alkooper.com site and couldnt find this for some strange reason...anyway).....

"The 5.1 SACD Surround Sound versions of SUPER SESSION and CHILD IS FATHER TO THE MAN are completed and ready for release. There are many difficulties in the world of Surround nowadays. The latest is thus:
SONY wants to release a hybrid disc with a:
1) two track remastered stereo version plus a
2) two track remastered SACD stereo version plus
3) a 5.1 SACD Surround Sound version.

Music publishers are balking about this and demanding to be paid three times the normal royalties because of the three “versions” This has put our babies on hold until all this greediness gets sorted out. Its COMPLETELY out of my hands when these masters will be released. When I know for sure, I will post that info up here ASAP. Soooo, no need to ask about that anymore, okay ?"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis