N

newtone

Audiophyte
Purchasing a new Plasma tv and am a bit confused about the DVI connection. The specs for the unit, LG DU-42PX12XC, state that it has a a DVI with HDMi connection. I understand these are two totally different connections? (yes, they use a small i, does that mean anything?)

Is there such a thing as a cable that goes from DVI to HDMi and vice versa or do I need a DVD player with the same type of output connection?

The tv does not arrive for a few weeks and I'd like to get the wiring in before hand.

Also, is there a CL3 DVI wire? need to run about 25 feet through a wall to get to the dvd location.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

U

Unregistered

It was probably a misprint and should have been HDCP - High Definition (Multimedia) Content Protection. DVI and HDMI are indeed different, though only slightly. DVI carries digital video only whereas HDMI can carry digital video and up to 8 channels of digital audio simultaneously.

Yes, there are adaptors to convert DVI to HDMI as well as cables pre-made that have a DVI connector on one end and an HDMI connector on the other.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis