DVE setup tips for LG DLP displays.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
First, thanks to jeffsg4mac for his article that he wrote up about using the DVE disc. It was a big help when it came time for me to calibrate my set a couple of months ago.

With a LG DLP display, I felt that setting the sharpness and contrast levels before the black level, helped make the overall adjustment easier on my display. With the LG DLP setting the correct sharpness level is much more tricky than that of a CRT set. At certain points along the sharpness level the set seems to be turning on some processing, that effects more than just the sharpness, it will effect black level as well. Thus, I'd recommend setting the sharpness level first with LG DLP sets even though the DVE instructions tell you to set it last. Next, I adjust the contrast and then go back and forth between black level and contrast until it's just right.

Though it says nothing in the manual, there are indeed seperate video settings for the RGB input. So in essence there are two memory settings, one for RGB and one for everything else. A review I read said there was only one global setting, but that was incorrect.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis