DVD5900/2900 - User memories?

F

frkuhn

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Hi, all!

I'm considering buying a new DVD player from Denon, either the DVD2900 or the DVD5900 (by the way, can't wait to read your review!!!).

I'm wondering if, for any of the players, I could create different setups and store them in some kind of memory. For instance, for redbook CD's stereo output, video off, digital off; for SACD/DVD-A mult output, video off, digital off; for DVD-V mult output, video on, digital off; and so on. That would be a VERY usefull option, in my opinion.

Does anyone know some way this can be acomplished?

Best regards!</font>

J

Juan Solo

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Well, FWIW I own a Denon 5900, and yes it does contain the features that you desire.

-It remembers whether you want to give multi channel recordings preference over stereo recordings, or vise versa.

-It remembers your preference for whatever layer you prefer for any hybrid cd/sa-cd disc.

-It remembers whether or not you want the digital outs on.

The catch? None of these functions can be performed through the remote, and even then, none of these functions (except for the digital on/off feature) can be performed on the fly. However, IMHO, these are nitpicks to what in my short experience, is an awesome player.

Good luck

Juan</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frkuhn

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>OK, thank you very much!!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis