G

<font color='#000000'>Please Help! I have a home theatre system, and never had any problems in the past, all of a sudden my system doesn't have any audio portion when playing a DVD, in television or VCR mode the audio is fine.  I don't think it's a connection problem, (input is from optical 1, and Denon 3802 receiver recognizes this with it's AUTO feature, and shows PL II C  DVD PRO LOGIC ANALOG in the window when playing), the components are a Denon 2800 DVD player and a Denon 3802 receiver, I also swapped DVD players to see if it was a component problem and this didn't help, any other checks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!</font>

S

srrndhound

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Check to see which optical input you are using for the DVD player--is it Opt 1, 2, or 3? The factory default for DVD source is Opt 1, but in case you originally used a different one, maybe the unit forgot your preference.

This assumes that while playing a DVD while experiencing no sound, the display does not acknowledge any presence of an input signal--no display of Dolby Digital or channel configuration. If you do see this information on the display, but no sound, then it is not a connection problem.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis