DVD player recommendation

G

<font color='#000000'>I am in the neighborhood for a new player, I have done some research and have narrowed my choices to the two. &nbsp;The Sony NS999ES and the Denon 2200. &nbsp;I have found a hell of a deal on a sony 999 closeout brand new and sony authorized, yes I no it is last years model but for 650 who can argue. &nbsp;My main focus is video performance. &nbsp;

Lets hear some opinions, if somebody can offer up a better player in the $700 price range lets here them.</font>

J

jazz_king

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The Denon 2200 is nice, but I would spend the extra $300 for the 2900. &nbsp;To me the Denon 2900 is one of the best DVD players for under 1k on the market. &nbsp;You want regret getting the 2900 or the 2200. &nbsp;Stick with the Denon, and you want go wrong.</font>

I

im timmy

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#A8A8A8'>I've got a 2200 and its video performance is outstanding,as well as great audio. I was looking for great performance as well as a universal player that can do dvd-a etc. If you want to get the job done while saving some coin go for the 2200 and put the rest of the money elsewhere. Otherwise just go nuts and splurge for the 2900 or even the 5900! Checkout Sound and Vision magazines review on the 2200 this month!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis