Dvd Player question...

T

Tyrant

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

At present, I'm really interested in a nice home theatre room with fantastic sound when I watch movies. Music listening is important, but not as big a priority as trying to get the best &quot;theatre&quot; sound possible. With that being said, I was wondering if my choice for a dvd player would have an impact on movie sound or would it simply just improve my music listening.Basically, I would want to know if going from my little panasonic dvd player to a full blown denon 5900 flagship would show any improvement in movie sound......or is this just based on the sound quality of the dvd itself.

Thanx!!</font>

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>in one sense you are right... sound quality can and will vary from disc to disc... it also depends on what sound mode your using (dts, dolby digital, etc) but different players will have better or worse sound.

take a look at their specs and compare the flagship denon to other cheaper models.. you will notice a difference.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Depends on what little Panasonic you have If its the RP-91
I would say the difference would be minimal with both its analog multi channel and digital out &nbsp;and its progressive video If its something like the DVD-F85 the difference would be greater with its Analog out put as well as its video progressive out</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis