mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
you guys notice that when in the speaker store ... movies sound better?
they have this dvd with tidbits of many movies all with spectacular sound, where do they get this? where can WE get this? could it be, these dvds have a higher sampling rate than our ordinary edition dvd's? kinda like superbit tidbits

9f9c7z

Banned
I don't know anything about those sampler dvds. Don’t really see myself watching a bunch of movie clips. Kind of like having a dvd of award winning commercials.

If you want to experience consistently high quality audio thru your ht kit, look to imported Asian cinema. They are running all over Hollywood/American production quality. An Asian director (Thialand?) was brought in to advise on the production of The Matrix to give it the much needed oomph. In the last few years Hong Kong has stepped up to the major leagues with their computer generated fx’s. Unfortunately, you are going to have to accept subtitles if you want access to the pool of hi-end Asian produced dvd’s. But a lot of it is available with DTS-ES and DD-EX.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
thanks 9f9c7z ...

this one is for sampling the HT for friends ... instead of forwarding to a good scene on my dvds; i just put this one in ... wallah! instant demo!

this one id seen had clips from TORQUE, LOTR: ROTK, KILL BILL, among others

D

dloweman

Audioholic
I think what you are looking for is the dts demo disc 9...has KB1 and 2, blue man group...etc.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yes! it did have DTS prominently displayed on all the vids.
so ... you know where to get them? (not including stealing it from the store) :)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
You have to get them off of eBay.
I paid 40.00 for mine. But it was 40 well spent.
They are not available to general public.
I have seen about 11 Demo discs and the DTS #9 is by far the best.
PM me to see where to get a Demo disc.....

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Here is the guy I bought from. He is in Germany, but I got the DVD in about 3 days.
It was an original, and sealed. Plays all formats. And you will see all formats listed on your reciever including DTS Discrete, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, etc...

Link below....
http://cgi.ebay.com/DTS-Demo-DVD-9-Brandneu-und-Orginal-THX_W0QQitemZ6421571471QQcategoryZ7749QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The 2 best are the Swedish Radio, and the Blue Man Group.
There are also others that are not even listed on the back panel.
You have to go into special features.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Oh, BTW just noticed this was posted in the loudspeaker area.
Should have been posted in the DVD area.
So Gene or Clint might move it over there........

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Just to let you know, keep an eye out on all of those Demo #9's and you will see that rarely one will sell at the last minute for under 30.00
Most will sell for about 35.00 to 40.00 with shipping.
I sold my other one for 45.00

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
thanks! btw, brian ... you got it from germany... where are you located?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis