Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
Does anybody know somewhere to get DL dvd media cheap??? I will buy 100 if it means i get them for less then 5 bux. Free shipping would be nice. Looking for 5 bux or less a pop. Anyone know?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I spent about 4 hours searching a couple of weeks ago - and my result was 'no'.

It is ridiculous that single layer is under a buck while dual layer is over 5 times the price. I'll pay $1.50 per disc - even 5 bucks is to much in my opinion.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
compromise

well as always ill have to compromise. i thought i saw a 3pack for 6.95 on a site, however the ad was very deceptive and says 6.95 each for the 3pack and then when you order it it all of the sudden is 20.95. what the neglect to tell you is that 6.95 each is for each cd in the 3 pack, bringing your total to just over 20 bux. :/ what a let-down... thought i had finally found a reasonable price.

Anyways, does anyone know a way to get dvd quality rip with dts5.1 or 6.1es onto a dvd-r then? [4.7gb] Usually i use dvd-shrink but i still suffer a massive quality loss altho may not be noticeable much but i still want 80% quality or above and last time i tried dts, i got no sound. not sure if it was because i ran it on my computer and thats why it doesnt play sound, because my computer wouldnt support dts obviously, but im weary of wether to waste a dvd-r on it seeing as how we have blatently stated its a rip-off still. even dvd-rs.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Using DVD shrink, don't do a FULL disc copy. Click the 'reauthor' button at the top.

Then, just pull the main movie off the disc to be copied and click on the second tab and you will see the audio options that are available to you.

I find that more than half the movies I am backing up are short enough that they fit, uncompressed, onto a DVD+R if I only grab the main movie and none of the extras. I dump the subtitles and if there is a secondary language audio track, I dump that.

The DTS soundtrack is often over 1GB of data though. Not a small increase for sure.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
dvd shrink

yeah dvd shrink is what ive been using, but im not sure if ive been using reauthor or wether ot not ive just been unchecking the things i dont need. although i found that the trailers etc still take up 188mb on some movies even as still pictures that obviously dont take that much space. so there is a way to put JUST the movie and DTS so thatthere are no menus or anything??
if so could you gimmie a walkthrough in case i dont end up figuring it out myself, altho im sure i will

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Click the help button and it will (should) take you to a website that will walk you through everything (with screen shots)

Anyway - I have Nero and I am not on my PC with DVD Shrink on it - so this is a best guess.

1. Insert the disc you want to backup
2. Click "Open Disc" (as you normally do)
3. Wait for it to scan the disc
4. Click "Reauthor" from the menu
5. You will now see a list of all the files on the DVD - it will be broken into the trailers, intro, FBI warning, menus, extras, etc.
6. Click once on the largest file listed and verify that this is the movie by using the preview box.
7. Drag it from the right side of the screen (setup side) to the left side of the screen (burn side)
8. At the TOP of the right side window, there are two tabs. One tab shows all the different videos. When you have picked a video to burn, you can click the other tab which will show you the associated audio formats included with the video.
9. Click that tab!
10. You will see different audio formats (English AC3 Stereo, English Digital DTS, French AC3 Stereo) These formats vary depending on the disc, but if you know DTS and AC3 are there, then you will see both of them listed. Make sure the check boxes are clicked for the audio formats you want to include. It is possible in the 'program options' to change the defaults to include the DTS soundtrack, but I don't remember how I did that.
11. You now have your movie (only) ready to be burned with DTS & AC3 audio.
12. Click the 'BACKUP' button.

When the burn is complete, when you put the disc in your player it will start the movie. No menus, no waiting, no commercials, nothing! Just the movie.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis