B

brntotrade

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>From reading some other posts and my own screwing around it seems that DVD players do not output digital 5.1 sound to the processor or amp. Why then does my new Yes Fragile DVD-A show that it has DTS/Dolby 5.1 channels. What am I actually listening to when I play this if I can't get 5.1

confused!!</font>

B

BroonsBane

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Hi. Are you using a DVD video player or an DVD Audio player? I have this disk too and there are different tracks on it. If you are using a DVD video player then you will hear only either the DD or DTS track, depending on which one you select from the menu. If you are using a DVD Audio player then that track option will be there as well. My universal player will play the DVD-A track by default.

Mike</font>

B

brntotrade

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a new Pioneer DVD 563A... It plays, Video, Audio, MP3, etc. Supposed to play DVD-A in all the formats, when I can actually get the DTS 5 channel (or dolby) to show up, no sound comes out. Only in DTS or Dolby 2 Channel does it work. Or downsampled to something lesser.

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BroonsBane

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>You've hooked your Pioneer up it's 6 channel audio outputs into your receiver or preamp?</font>

B

brntotrade

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Yes, i am all connected... DVD movies play fine with all modes per disk. DTS or Dolby 5.1...</font>

JVC

JVC

Banned
<font color='#000000'>When listening to dvd-a or sacd on your 563A, you don't use your regular dvd button on the receiver. My receiver has a button called &quot;DVD MULTI&quot; that I have to use. Don't know if yours has the same name for this button?
On my friend's Denon he has to turn the knob to dvd, then push the &quot;EXT. IN&quot; button, to hear his. Are you using a different button than the regular dvd button?
If you are using the regular dvd button, you'll need to go into the player's setup menus and set the dvd output to video. Then you can listen to DD or dts tracks. But these are not the HiRes music tracks. You'll have to have the dvd output set to audio, in the player's setup, and use the Multi or EXT. IN button to hear the HiRes music...........
Good luck!</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If i understood your problem right, your universal player does not output high resolution tracks via the player's digital output. &nbsp;Playing a DVD-Audio via this output will let you play only its DD or DTS tracks. &nbsp;You have to use the 5.1 analog output of your player connected to the 5.1 analog input of your receiver to play the high-resolution tracks.</font>

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Yes,

For your player, you need 1 video conenect (S-Video or Composite), 1 Digital connect (optical or Co-Ax) and 6 (SIX) seperate anolog (RCA type) connects between your receiver's multi channel input and your DVD player's multi channel inputs. &nbsp; That's at least 8 different connects between your receiver and DVD player. &nbsp; 10 if you use Composite for video.

Shinerman</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis