Dual Disc/ LPCM stereo?

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
I know a lot of people don't like the whole dual disc idea because they are outa spec. I don't mind it much because they play on my player and I like having all the extra content. I would prefer a case with one CD and one DVD but if not I like the dual disc...

anyway, some of the disc have LPCM stereo instead of a 5.1 surround mix. What is differnt from the stereo on the CD and the LPCM stereo on the DVD side? is it similar to the sereo audio on a SACD or DVD-A?

A

animex

Audiophyte
stay away if its released by sony

hello friend, do yourself a favor and return the dualdisc to the place you purchased it and tell them that it was falsely represented on the disc, ALL sony dualdiscs carry an identical sounding layer on the dvd side, enhanced lpcm is just a technical way of saying dolby digital stereo recorded at 16 bit 48khz , NOW IF YOU WANT REALLY GOOD SOUND QUALITY, look on the back of any prospective dualdisc purchase and look for the dvd-audio logo or verbiage stating thats its "ADVANCED RESOLUTION", LPCM WILL NEVER SOUND AS GOOD AS DVD AUDIO OR SACD....PERIOD!

i hope this was helpful :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis