Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
I need to change my main speaker, I had a pair of JBL HLS 820, Great speaker for movie, but they have been damage by water in Sept when my home theater had a minor flood. :( Sad but lucky because this is the only thing I lost in my equipement. Now I am looking to probably replace them by a pair of AXIOM M60ti. I been a home theater fan for many year I read every month about it, and come in this web page regulary , but I have aI have a question that most of you will find basic ...don't laugh... on the back of the AXIOM M60ti you have 2 pair of binding post ? :confused: What for ? :confused: I am not a expert in home theater, but I thought I knew all the basic after so many years :cool: Can any one shade so light in my little brain ? Thanks

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
The duel binding posts are there so that the speaker may either be bi-amped or bi-wired. You can the speaker wires to either set, but make sure the other set is clamped down tightly against the metal that connects the two together.

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
Karp said:
The duel binding posts are there so that the speaker may either be bi-amped or bi-wired. You can the speaker wires to either set, but make sure the other set is clamped down tightly against the metal that connects the two together.
So my speaker cable from my Denon can go on any one set or I can split in it to go in both ? and what bi-wired do ?

Thanks Karp

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
Splitting it would not help anything and could make for a worse connection. Bi-wiring would mean that you are using two sets of speaker cable from the same speaker output terminals on the receiver to each of the two sets of speaker terminals. This just gives you an effectively higher gauge connection. While it won't hurt anything, it probably won't help unless you are using thin wires such as 24 gauge on a long run.

Best thing to do to avoid issues is connect one set of wires to the lower pair of connectors on the speaker and make sure that both sets are clamped down on the metal strips fairly well.

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
So that's why on a good quality of banana plug we can connect one in the other. Right now I am using 12 gauge and I just re made all my wires in to the wall. Because of the flood in Sept the cleaning crew remove 2 feet of dry wall. I saw the opportunity to pass all my speaker cable in the stud. So I pass single wires for the left, right and center chanel.

Man, with that info you provide me and my intention to purchase the AXIOM speaker I be able to to run a extras wires from the receiver trought the wall and up to where the spaker will be.

Thanks you very very much Karp. :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You may want to try it before commiting to it.

There's a LOT of controversy on bi-wiring speakers. Bi-amping, no, but bi-wiring, yes.

Some swear it's a waste of money. Others swear by it. I tend for fall in the former group.

K

kingtut

Junior Audioholic
I tried both methods, biwiring and the regular way; bi-wiring seems to give my floor stannding speakers and center channel a little more detail.

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
There's a LOT of controversy ; Any danger to damage me receiver or the speaker ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis