DTS Music on your PC and Home Theater.

MaestroJ

MaestroJ

Enthusiast
ok, my friends, smth came up, I may not be able to answer all your questions here at the forum, please follow me on twitter at
Alexander Golberg Jero (@AlexanderJero)
only because I don't want to commercialize my thread at the public forum

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Right now, I enjoy multi-channel SACDs. It's the only multi-channel I enjoy since I do not know where to go to download multi-channel SACDs. I do not know where to file it, what kind of file to download, or even if it makes any kind of difference what kind of file it is. I also do not know what kind of player I need to download. So, how about you show/tell me 1. what web site to find downloadable multi-channel music, 2. what file type to download, 3. where should I file my download i.e. music, and 4. what player I need to download to enjoy the multi-channel recordings. In addition, I'd like to know how I can send the player's output to my 5.1 Sony TA-E9000es control amp which only has S/PDIF and IEC 958 inputs. Thanks.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'll bite.

How would one convert a DVD-Audio MLP file to something more easily managed like a DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD track that could be converted to an MKV and read by a multitude of players?

I've tried multichannel FLAC and my Android Players don't like that at all.
When I say they don't play properly I'm saying I only get stereo. Kodi on android is only playing back 2 channels. I tried multichannel FLAC and just to see what would happen an MKV with a wav audio file. Same results.

I tried simple .wav, but something odd was happening with my sound at the time so I'll have to re-test.
I'm sitting here listening to Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Edition 5.1 FLACs being played back via Plex residing on an NVIDIA Shield TV and I'm getting full 5.1 sound. The key is to make sure that your receiver knows to play output from the Shield untouched with no processing or conversion. Or perhaps it's your Android device, the Shield was designed from the get-go for state of the art video and audio.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sitting here listening to Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Edition 5.1 FLACs being played back via Plex residing on an NVIDIA Shield TV and I'm getting full 5.1 sound. The key is to make sure that your receiver knows to play output from the Shield untouched with no processing or conversion. Or perhaps it's your Android device, the Shield was designed from the get-go for state of the art video and audio.
Right. I've got the shield playing back every other sort of audio (Atmos, DTS:X, TrueHD, MA, PCM, etc) without issue. Granted I'm not using Plex since my 5.1 tracks aren't part of my library. I'll add them and see if they work.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No dice. The files are 5.1 FLAC pulled straight from my DVD-A disc. 96khz 24bit. I'm wondering if that is too high for Plex/Shield TV to handle?

What bit depth and sample rate are your files? @sholling

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I only have two 5.1 albums, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here - Immersion Editions. Both play perfectly in 5.1.

I have to wonder if it's a setting in your receiver. On an Onkyo you go into Listening Mode Presets, select your input, and then set multichannel PCM to play in multichannel mode. You probably have stereo setup to play as stereo, and DTS to play as DTS, etc. but you may have missed the multichannel PCM setting.

Edit: I setup a 2nd Shield TV yesterday and tested those same two albums and both are playing 5.1 flacs in 5.1.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I only have two 5.1 albums, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here - Immersion Editions. Both play perfectly in 5.1.

I have to wonder if it's a setting in your receiver. On an Onkyo you go into Listening Mode Presets, select your input, and then set multichannel PCM to play in multichannel mode. You probably have stereo setup to play as stereo, and DTS to play as DTS, etc. but you may have missed the multichannel PCM setting.

Edit: I setup a 2nd Shield TV yesterday and tested those same two albums and both are playing 5.1 flacs in 5.1.
Yeah, that's really odd. I have a BD or two that have PCM tracks so you could be right. Both receivers are Denon and before that I tried a Pioneer as well.

The strange thing is Plex refuses to play the files. They just stop. What version is your Plex app?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, that's really odd. I have a BD or two that have PCM tracks so you could be right. Both receivers are Denon and before that I tried a Pioneer as well.

The strange thing is Plex refuses to play the files. They just stop. What version is your Plex app?
I can't find the version, but it's the latest and greatest for the Shield TV.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja

Question, are you playing your shield via your TV's HDMI ARC? 5.1 channel FLACs stopped working once I started playing them through HDMI ARC. All is just as you described. I'm guessing that I need a new receiver so that I can connect everything directly to my receiver.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Oh wait, you're trying to play 5.1 PCM through HDMI-ARC? That's a problem, since it's not supported. ARC only supports 2 channel PCM and lossy 5.1, same as coax or optical.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis