DSP A1000 audio output to WiFi transmitter

K

Karawaci

Audiophyte
Hi,
I need some assistance from you experts! I have the old DSP A1000 that I am using simply to receive input from my turntable and hopefully then send that analog signal via an RCA to 3.5mm jack plugging into a WiFi transmitter. My issue is that I cannot figure out if this amp can actually do this. Can anyone help with what that cable configuration might look like? or is this not gonna happen? When i tried using the main out lines with the rca end of the cable, no sound is being transmitted.

thanks in advance

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,
I need some assistance from you experts! I have the old DSP A1000 that I am using simply to receive input from my turntable and hopefully then send that analog signal via an RCA to 3.5mm jack plugging into a WiFi transmitter. My issue is that I cannot figure out if this amp can actually do this. Can anyone help with what that cable configuration might look like? or is this not gonna happen? When i tried using the main out lines with the rca end of the cable, no sound is being transmitted.

thanks in advance
That unit is analog. So if your Wi-Fi transmitter has no DAC this is not possible. So the rec outs need converting to digital either by the transmitter or a DAC between the two.

K

Karawaci

Audiophyte
Thanks TLS Guy! Just to clarify, I assume you mean an Audio to Digital converter or ADC rather than a DAC? same thing but in the opposite direction right?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks TLS Guy! Just to clarify, I assume you mean an Audio to Digital converter or ADC rather than a DAC? same thing but in the opposite direction right?
Yes, you will need to convert the analog to digital and on the other end digital to analog.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis