D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I see the Dark Side of the Moon SACD was released today.  Anyone picking this up? &nbsp;Reviews?</font>

B

beags

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have not heard the DSOTM SACD but if it sounds half as good as &quot;In the Flesh&quot; Live it should be good.</font>

<font color='#000000'>Unless someone was drunk on the mastering studio, you really can't go wrong... I love that album!</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>Unless someone was drunk on the mastering studio, you really can't go wrong... I love that album!</font>
<font color='#000000'>It's a multichannel sacd so they can make a lot of mistakes. Where do they get the music-information for the surround seakers? I believe a real &quot;state of the art&quot; multichannel-sacd has to be recorded new.</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>Where do they get the music-information for the surround seakers? I believe a real &quot;state of the art&quot; multichannel-sacd has to be recorded new.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Nah... Plenty of information in the original recordings to make a beautiful multichannel disc. They don't just run the 2-channel through a processor to make multichannel, they go back and remix the entire album.

A good engineer can do wonders to the presence of the material without compromising all that makes it great - and without having to record any new material. As one of the all-time greatest selling albums (2-channel) I plan on giving the SACD version a listen...

PS. Same goes for remastered movies. Most of the sound is merely re-panned and processed. Give Star Wars a listen against the original non-DD version and you'll see what I mean, though they certainly sweetened the sound a bit as well...</font>

R

richard

Audiophyte
<font color='#0000FF'>hi, i picked this up the other day and its done very well. hey what the heck for 13 bucks it was worth it. im now awaiting pulse on dvd, and the division bell.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis