DSD multichannel playback

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Yes, that’s certainly an option, and one that I used to use. However, all receivers will do further processing on the incoming digital multi ch signal before it gets to the speakers and you have no control over what it does. I didn’t want that; instead, I wanted the original recording’s sound to be reproduced as faithfully as possible. That’s why I decided to use the Exasound e38 DAC and an analog 5.1 connection to a Marantz receiver that has a direct line from the analog inputs to the speakers (no processing). Unfortunately, very few receivers provide analog inputs anymore.
"Straight" mode is the best you can do on a Yamaha....and that nullifies the processing to my knowledge.
Here's what they say on the manual
"When the straight decode mode is enabled, the unit produces stereo sound from the front speakers for 2 channel sources such as CDs, and produces unprocessed multichannel sounds for multichannel sources"

Am sure the different receiver brands have options out there....But, How pure is it exactly....not sure...unless you're able to get a hold of some core engineer from the product line at one of these companies (not the regular tech support dude).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis