Drunkpenguins Theater

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Hi guys, new to the forum but not new to the hobby. I built a house (with my own hands even) about 12 years ago. When we set out to do this a dedicated theater was to be included in the design plans. In fact, the first walls I put up were the theater walls lol. The room is 22x17 with a 10' ceiling. It's been remodeled a few times over the years but heres some pics in it's current form. I have 3 PSA 210s behind the AT screen with dual SVS PC13 Ultras on each side. The surrounds are older Infinity Beta Speakers, and the PJ is an old JVC RS1. In the closet I have a Denon 3400, Emotiva XPA5 amp, Oppo 103D BD player, and a FireTV. The AV closet has an exhaust fan that pulls cool air from another room and pushes it back out. I even got super nerdy with that fan and have a server that pings my AV gear and when it gets a response it sends a command to a Wemo outlet to turn that fan on until the AV equipment shuts down. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to 4k, maybe atmos.

20180722_181354.jpg20170223_180803.jpg20170223_181008.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's a beauty of a room. Try to enjoy yourself. Maybe in my next life I'll well ya know.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man that's one hell of a room. You described it to me in another thread but seeing it is just a whole nother level. Congrats man!

Bones3DFC

Bones3DFC

Enthusiast
Can I come over?

Need anyone to water your plants while you’re away?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Thanks, I've since gone to atmos with 7.2.4 and upgraded to a Denon x4400. I'd like to say the room is done but that sure as hell is not true. :)

20180820_164235.jpg20180820_164058.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Jealous. Are you selling tickets? I want to reserve mine. :p

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Tickets are free. But if you talk or kick my seat I sick the dog on you! She slobbers a lot. It's unpleasant.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No yakking or jabbing. I Love dogs. Projector 4K? What state are you in?:cool:

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Im in NM. It sucks here. No reason to visit lol. Im not up to 4k yet. Ive actually had the same PJ since 2007. Its a JVC-RS1 and it looks so film like that I don't even have a desire to upgrade it yet. Im even on the original bulb! We don't watch TV or play games so it takes years to wear stuff out in there. 100% movies only. I'm actually due to replace the bulb so I may do that soon, but I don't think I'll replace that PJ until it dies.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yep you are FAR away from me. The Acer PJ(you can see pics on my setup thread) I have is 720p and to me it looks great + I got a great deal new. I don't intend on upgrading anytime soon(Not like I have the money anyways) I don't use mine often either. My bulb is probably good for another 3-4 years hopefully. Perhaps Concerts and Movies in 3D/Non 3D. Those JVC's I've read are great in inky blacks. Enjoy.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Im in NM. It sucks here. No reason to visit lol. Im not up to 4k yet. Ive actually had the same PJ since 2007. Its a JVC-RS1 and it looks so film like that I don't even have a desire to upgrade it yet. Im even on the original bulb! We don't watch TV or play games so it takes years to wear stuff out in there. 100% movies only. I'm actually due to replace the bulb so I may do that soon, but I don't think I'll replace that PJ until it dies.
NM as in New Mexico? My parents live there I go and visit all the time. You never know I might just pull a cable guy move on you and find an excuse to get out they're and hang out in that awesome room!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If you even knew that I sold my soul and got rid of most of my gear last year...

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Nice drunken home cinema you have penguin.
Keep the JVC running with new lamps the lamps are cheap now so buy bundle of them for spares!
Been reading about the projectors review with screen captures https://www.projectorreviews.com/jvc/jvc-dla-rs1-1080p-lcos-home-theater-projector-review-image-quality/

I'm presently running Viewsonic PK727 4K (pixel shifting) its okay for budget. I do at times notice this DLP colour wheel rainbow when moving my head or eyes it does sort make me feel little disorientated but I can deal with it can't be any worse than 3D looking cross-eyed afterwards. :D
Native 4K think is wait for the prices to drop to £1 grand or under just when they bring out 8K at £50 so grand really :rolleyes: here we go again, you get the idea of it all? Just when they bring out 8K budget pixel shifting at £1 grand. I think I got grasp at what the market is doing and I'm sort pleased with my tiny projector its almost sane size as the Hitachi I used to run still has enough lamp time on it but can only do 720p or 1080i and its over 15 years old so no HDMI on it and I can't get the Marnatz SR6012 to run though it maybe something to do with that copy projection BS?

So keep your JVC running, cinemas kept their 35/70mm running for decades, decades not a few lousy years like digital cinema when they keep changing the digital projector every few years get the idea?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis