Driving SVS Prime Towers with Anthem MRX 520?

M

MichelM

Audiophyte
Do the 100w/ch of the Anthem offer enough to appropriately drive these SVS floorstanders?
Also looking to power 2 satellites and the center.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on what you define as appropriate. What spl levels at what distance are you thinking about?

M

MichelM

Audiophyte
Sitting about 10ft away in a 20x20 room.
Not trying to shake the house, but want to fully enjoy movies and music at various levels.

Not sure if this helps, but it's the detail I know

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
I have an anthem 510, and the sound was good from Revel F208's. I added a 200 watt 5 channel Rotel amp to boost the spl of all channels, and there was not a dramatic difference. Anthem has a very robust toro island amplifier built in. You will be happy with the receiver! My room is similar with 12 foot ceilings, multiple cased openings to the kitchen and dining room, as well as hardwood floors. Listening distance is about 12 feet.

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
Also, the ARC software makes sound leveling for your system awesome and incredibly easy!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sitting about 10ft away in a 20x20 room.
Not trying to shake the house, but want to fully enjoy movies and music at various levels.

Not sure if this helps, but it's the detail I know
I would think the receiver alone would do fine. It does have pre-outs in case you feel the need to add additional amplification (but keep in mind it takes a doubling of amp power to gain 3dB in spl). Using a sub would help, too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis