Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I know I’ve seen post on hear about companies that rebuild speaker drivers but iam at a loss on finding them . I need a 6 1/2 mid bass driver that died on me wanting to get it fixed . Names of businesses that this would be a huge help . Thanks in advance !

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I know I’ve seen post on hear about companies that rebuild speaker drivers but iam at a loss on finding them . I need a 6 1/2 mid bass driver that died on me wanting to get it fixed . Names of businesses that this would be a huge help . Thanks in advance !
You'll have to be specific about brand, part number, date of manufacturer, etc.

If you search for 'speaker reconing', you'll find a lot of info.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
Who was it that Gene used for his JBL proIII repair and earned his recommendation? Simply Speakers in Florida? Confirm that first, but that would be one option.

Midwest Speaker Repair in Minneapolis is another reputable option.

Edit: indeed it was Simply Speakers who Gene used.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
You'll have to be specific about brand, part number, date of manufacturer, etc.

If you search for 'speaker reconing', you'll find a lot of info.
Thanks for responding it’s a 406G jbl driver in a 4 way design in a tower speaker 4.0 ohm I’d say the voice coil went in it got 0 action looking to have it rebuilt. I have a spare it went in the unit . Now the fix spare .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Who was it that Gene used for his JBL proIII repair and earned his recommendation? Simply Speakers in Florida? Confirm that first, but that would be one option.

Midwest Speaker Repair in Minneapolis is another reputable option.
Thanks I’ve herd of them will check them out .

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks I’ve herd of them will check them out .
I have been on their site and they do not have a recone kit for that driver.

The only place in the world that has one listed is in Queensland Australia. However when I put it in a cart it says backordered.

If you want to contact them and see if it would be available again, I would be prepared to recone that driver for you. So that way you would only pay shipping of parts one way from Australia.

I have also been on the Midwest Speaker repair site up in Roseville and they do not have a recone kit for that driver, when I put it in.

I think it is highly doubtful that driver can be repaired due to parts availability.

They do advertize the parts as being genuine JBL. There is no point in rebuilding the driver with other than JBL factory parts.

My guess is that the parts are all sold out and the chances of rebuilding the driver are slim.

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have been on their site and they do not have a recone kit for that driver.

The only place in the world that has one listed is in Queensland Australia. However when I put it in a cart it says backordered.

If you want to contact them and see if it would be available again, I would be prepared to recone that driver for you. So that way you would only pay shipping of parts one way from Australia.

I have also been on the Midwest Speaker repair site up in Roseville and they do not have a recone kit for that driver, when I put it in.

I think it is highly doubtful that driver can be repaired due to parts availability.

They do advertize the parts as being genuine JBL. There is no point in rebuilding the driver with other than JBL factory parts.

My guess is that the parts are all sold out and the chances of rebuilding the driver are slim.
Thanks Doc yea very hard to find they are old but have been well taken care of and look new but a close lighting stoke last week blew just that one driver thank Gods of sound I had a spare so were good just want to have another just in case of another surge in power .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis