Down to 2 Receivers....which one to pick?

SoCal_RT

SoCal_RT

Audiophyte
Ok...thanks to much help from the folks who responded to my newb post, I've researched many recievers that meet my requirements and fit in my price range...these are the final 2.

I'd love any input on which would be a better choice or has a better reputation....

DENON
AVR785S Receiver
AVR-785S Video Conversion of Composite to S-Video and/or to Component, with on-screen display 5.1 external wide bandwidth (100 kHz) inputs for multi-channel formats (DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD)

Our Price $316.99

or

YAMAHA
HTR-5860 Receiver Black
Yamaha HTR-5860 7.1-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver with 770W Powerful Surround Sound, 110W x 7 RMS, 14 Surround Programs: 5 HiFi DSP & 9 Cinema DSP, XM Satellite Radio Ready, Cinema/Music Night Listening Enhancer

Our Price $304.75

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll be making my purchase monday...then....WIRING! :(
expect a follow up at that point :p...(actually, i'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle that pretty well...we'll see)

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
My Vote is Yammy. For those two choices. Plus if you ever want to you can turn on the XM radio for an added bonus.

SoCal_RT

SoCal_RT

Audiophyte
Snap said:
My Vote is Yammy. For those two choices. Plus if you ever want to you can turn on the XM radio for an added bonus.
I went with that one. When it came right down to it, the Yamaha had a better assortment of connectors. Order is in.

Thanks again.

SoCal_RT

SoCal_RT

Audiophyte
Just a quick FYI since a couple people PM'd me asking about american-deals.com.

I just received Yamah from UPS today. Was shipped perfect never opened. Super price and good service. They even called me to verify my banking info before billing my card. I'll definitely shop there again if the price is right.

Now to get to hooking up the system....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis