Double voltage for yamaha RX-V530

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi I'm in France and I'm that close to buy a Yamaha RX-V530RDS. But I'm wondering if it can take 110 W and 220 W (like computers) without any transformer.

I've checked on the web, on the Yamaha's website too, and I didn't find anything about that!

The reason is that I'm in France for only a year and I want to bring it back to Canada and I don't want to use a transformer.

Thanks for the help

Cheers!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi,

go to the yamaha website and download the user manual for the RX-V530 (it's a .pdf file).

I'm in Canada and my RX-V530 model doesn't have the voltage selector. But I think that the European model does.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I've checked on the website and DL the info about the RXV530, and there's no mention about that! &nbsp;

I think I'm going to call the people directly at Yamaha Europe. It'll be easier, I hope!

Thanks anyway!

Cheers!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
<font color='#000000'>Hi I'm in France and I'm that close to buy a Yamaha RX-V530RDS. But I'm wondering if it can take 110 W and 220 W (like computers) without any transformer.

I've checked on the web, on the Yamaha's website too, and I didn't find anything about that!

The reason is that I'm in France for only a year and I want to bring it back to Canada and I don't want to use a transformer.

Thanks for the help

Cheers!</font>
It's in the manual, always. If it was made to be used in the US, it won't like 240V- read the manual.
If you can, buy the R series- it handles all available voltages as well as 50/60Hz.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/963488/Yamaha-Rx-V530.html?page=14#manual

I have GOT to start looking at the date for these posts......

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis