Double Banana /BiWire locking banana plugs?

B

boe

Audioholic
I have some nice cables but the cable in between the bass of my speakers and the top have older cables that are a bit loose so I'm hoping to find something similar but with locking bananas. The banana connectors at the bottom are made by sonance that plug into the speakers and connect to the top of the speakers. You plug the bananas from your amp to the banana unit at the bottom. These may be common but I haven't seen them in the stores. I figure people here would know where to get them or who makes them.

Thanks

P.S. These are close to the same ones I have - http://www.sonance.com/image_data/pictures/1053380670.jpg

Last edited:
B

boe

Audioholic
Thanks - that is very similar to the Sonance one I have now. I was hoping to find one with locking banana plugs or even if they weren't connected, a single locking banana plug with an open rear. Wire would go in through the top instead of the rear so the rear could accept another banana plug.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Ah, well they sell that too!

Here's a link to the red one and a link to the black one. Sounds exaclty like what you're looking for.

B

boe

Audioholic
Thanks - I'm not sure I don't see what you do. I'm looking for these in locking banana connectors. These look like the standard banana plugs to me.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What do you mean by locking - that for sure is confusing me.

Most banana plugs, like the Sonance ones you show, allow another banana plug to be stacked on top of the first banana plug. The ones in which the cable goes into the back of the banana plug are about the only ones that don't allow for them to be stacked.

B

boe

Audioholic
BMXTRIX said:
What do you mean by locking - that for sure is confusing me.

Most banana plugs, like the Sonance ones you show, allow another banana plug to be stacked on top of the first banana plug. The ones in which the cable goes into the back of the banana plug are about the only ones that don't allow for them to be stacked.
Right - I want to stack them but I would like locking ones for the first ones which go directly into the speaker (between the speaker and the speaker cable)

By locking ones, I mean like many new banana connectors, you twist them and they secure themselves giving a tighter connection. Blue Jeans, Have, Cobalt, etc, pretty much all have locking banana connectors for the ends of their speaker cables. I realize a stacking banana connector would have to be longer if it had a locking mechanism than a standard slide in model as pictured by the links above.

http://store.haveinc.com/Ebus30/Parts/Part.asp?Part=HAVBANANA6MM&Material_Code=NEW

But the part above as you mentioned is not a stacking one or whatever the correct term I should be using is.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm...maybe something like this is what you're looking for? WBT stuff isn't cheap, but it's good high quality. I'm not sure who else makes a unit like the one linked above if you're looking to save money.

Say, how did those cables from Have Inc. turn out?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
boe - thanks, that explained things a lot better, and I think jaxvon really has one of the best solutions that I have seen. Not aware of something else that works, but imagine there may be others.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I just took a look at the WBT stuff on Parts Express....ouch. The WBT crimper that you're supposed to use to get a proper crimp is 90 bucks and unnecessarily gold plated :mad:

I know WBT isn't the only company that makes nifty banana plugs like I posted above, so you'll just have to do some looking.

B

boe

Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Say, how did those cables from Have Inc. turn out?
They turned out very nice. My camera is away for an undefined amount of time but I'll be happy to show them when I get it back.

B

boe

Audioholic
Thanks - that angled thing might be the right thing - not sure. It doesn't say locking but it looks like it might be. out of curiousity - what is that blue thing below the banana plug?

Ouch is right on the crimping tool. Might as well just live with non locking ones :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis