Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES on RX-V2400

J

jzac

Audioholic
Can any of your RX-V2400 owners help me here?

On page 32 of the RX-V2400 manual the option is there to set your mode to AUTO, ON or OFF to play 6.1 or 7.1 channel playback. I have a 6.1 channel setup. When playing a DTS encoded flick I don't seem to get the option for the "ON" and I get only the AUTO, and OFF option from the remote. After AUTO I get EX/ES coming up on the display and then OFF, but not "ON". Is there a trick to this? :confused:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/manuals/RX-V2400_U.pdf

Sometimes DTS display comes on for a while and then disappears while playing DTS flicks...I'm guessing it's going by the software coding. Thoughts?

Thanks!

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Just a thought in order to rule out a couple of things: Did you continue to read the "Notes" that follow the passage you referenced on page 32? There is an item or two listed there that may factor into your situation.

-GeorgeM

J

jzac

Audioholic
manuals.....arrrgh!

Thanks for your response GeorgeM. Actually I did look at the notes, and the 1st note where they say select "ON" is what threw me off. I get the 1st and 3rd selection option and I'm trying to figure out how to turn the "ON" selection... really feeling silly trying to figure this out. :) The other thing about DTS I kind of figured it out that it is the software coding that changes it to work funky at times. Anything else I need to rule out that I may have overlooked?

Where's RXV2400 guy when I need him? :) Come on... someone should be able to help figure out this stupid question of mine...

Thanks!

J

jzac

Audioholic
no takers??? Gene, since you worked with the v-2400 any thoughts on this question??

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I will ask the most obvious question, are you playing a DTS ES or Dolby Digital EX disk? Check your DVD to be sure. They are different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis