Dolby Atmos Test sites and Microphone

R

Rylan

Audioholic
Are there any free Dolby atmos test videos on YouTube, Amazon Prime, and other sources that would be a great test for my home theater after I calibrate everything? Where can I get good quality test sources? I don’t currently own any 4k HD Dolby movies.

If not free, are there any recommendations for purchases for testing?

also, any recommendations for a microphone I can use for calibration, or is the one that comes with the Onkyo RZ50 good enough?
Thank you

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Typically, the microphone that comes with your receiver has been VERY specifically selected to work with any in-built calibration and setup software. I don't think the microphone needs to be particularly good, it just needs to be consistent. So, they calibrate to something VERY high end, then use something really cheap, but repeatable, that then does a great job faking it. Using something not calibrated specifically to your Onkyo is more likely to cause negative side effects.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Have fun.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is Dolby Atmos even available at all via youtube? I haven't noticed that being a possibility but I might be behind the times. Just got a few things with DD+ on youtube that surprised me after I got an updated fire stick....but hard to believe youtube provides Atmos since it took so long for them to provide any multich at all....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here’s some more. FWIW, you’ll need an HTPC or save the files to a thumb drive and use a BD player that will read it. My AVR does not so I use the Sony x700. Also, Apple TV4k has movies and music in Atmos. YouTube does NOT support Atmos, and just recently started supporting 5.1. Not sure if you need their premium version or whatever.
Another thing. You don’t need 4K disks for Atmos. Lots of regular BD’s have Atmos or dtsX tracks. You just have to read the fine print on the back. I think Blu-ray.com lists movies by soundtracks as well.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is Dolby Atmos even available at all via youtube? I haven't noticed that being a possibility but I might be behind the times. Just got a few things with DD+ on youtube that surprised me after I got an updated fire stick....but hard to believe youtube provides Atmos since it took so long for them to provide any multich at all....
Nope. No Atmos on YT. Although I think there’s a bunch of clickbait for it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis