does size and $ matter?

izzy

izzy

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a set of Paradigm Monitor 11 mk III's : 2 8&quot; woofers...etc. 42&quot; high; 11&quot; wide. They sound great, alot of presence; alot of bass. &nbsp;For around $700 new or used, can I get something that will satisfy her and me both?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>If you're looking for a single, smaller speaker with the same bass capabilities as your Paradigms, that's going to be tough. You need the excursion and the radiating area that comes with big boxes and woofers. An alternative might be Paradigm Titans and a nice little powered sub in a 20&quot; cube. If $700 is your limit, a Parts Express Titan 10&quot; will fill the bill.</font>

H

Hondaman

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>I too had your size problem! Had a pair of Altec Model 19s and no room for them. I came to AH and asked.
Member Yamahaluver steered me toward a pair of Yamaha NS-1000Ms. I found a good pair on ebay for $500 that have some minor cosmetic blemishes, 20 years of bumps and dings but perfect in the function and sound stage.
I have never looked back and must admit, there are sounds in my same old music that were never heard thru the Altecs.
They produce as much or more SPL and are one third the size.
I will be purchasing a sub to enhance the bass I loved with the Altecs but otherwise I have nothing to say but praise and thanks to Yamahaluver for steering me right.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>If size counts then absolutely the Infinity Modulus HCS.
Super allrounder for movies and music. It's not to everyones taste, or matches their mentality (hey in speakers size matters right?). These little monsters will compete with the best mid and high end systems at a budget of around $1000.
Well worth an audition.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>The Definitive Tech SuperCube II runs for around $700-800 and features Dual Infrasonic passive radiator, and a1250w Class D Amp. &nbsp;Not to forget the ability to go down to 14Hz.

:)~

Bob</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis