Does Monoprice design and develop their own speakers and subs?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I ask this question because their product offerings for both professional and home audio, networking, etc is vast.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m uncertain about Monoprice overall, but as it regards Monolith... the Subs (at least initially) were designed by Claridy Audio. Likewise the Amps and the HTP-1 were done in partnership with ATI. I cannot speak to the Monolith Speakers, but seems reasonable they were probably a partnership project as well.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't think that Monoprice designs or manufactures anything in-house. I think they are using ready-made designs (ODMs) or commissioning designs or products (OEMs).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I bought some on-wall mounts for small speakers and found the same items being sold under several brand names and form many sellers. If something isn't proprietary, there's not much chance that it was developed in-house because the development costs a lot more than re-branding. The glossy small speaker cabinets that were sold by Parts Express were also sold by Madisound and looked like what was used by RBS, SnapAV's brand 'Episode' and some others.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis