Does it worth to exchange Focal Electra Center for Focal Sopra Center?

G

genvirt

Audiophyte
Hello,

I was owner of Focal Electra speakers set (front and center), not long time ago I exchange my beloved Electra front speakers for Sopra 2 (no word can explain how I'm happy now! another world! :))

Last year Focal add Focal Sopra center to this speakers line, but on paper it's same speaker: a look, a parameters and even a price. As Focal team explain me that Sopra center has a other crossover and some cosmetic changes.

So my question is: Does it worth to exchange Focal Electra Center for Focal Sopra Center?

May be some one of You was in the same dilemma?

Thanks a lot!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Hello,

I was owner of Focal Electra speakers set (front and center), not long time ago I exchange my beloved Electra front speakers for Sopra 2 (no word can explain how I'm happy now! another world! :))

Last year Focal add Focal Sopra center to this speakers line, but on paper it's same speaker: a look, a parameters and even a price. As Focal team explain me that Sopra center has a other crossover and some cosmetic changes.

So my question is: Does it worth to exchange Focal Electra Center for Focal Sopra Center?

Thanks a lot!
Good morning genvirt. I doubt any forum regulars have heard the new Focal Sopra Center. Just judging from information on the Focal website, my guess is the Sopra center will have a fairly similar timbre to the Electra, but might give you lower harmonic distortion at louder volumes. Whether the Sopra center would be a worthwhile upgrade really depends on how loud you listen to your system. If you can make the exchange without a great expense, or if you can recover much of the expense by selling the Electra Center, then go for it.

G

genvirt

Audiophyte
Thank You! Actually that's what I'm thinking too... :)
Strange that the Focal made such center for this line...

S

Shadows

Audiophyte
Hi Genvert,

I am just wondering whether you had gone for the Sopra in the end?
How is it?

I am wondering whether I shall buy Focal Electra with Sopra Centre and Sopra Sub for my home theatre?

Thanks in advance. Kiran

S

Shadows

Audiophyte
Hello,

Thanks a lot!
Hi Genvert,

I am just wondering whether you had gone for the Sopra in the end?
How is it?

I am wondering whether I shall buy Focal Electra with Sopra Centre and Sopra Sub for my home theatre?

Thanks in advance. Kiran

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis