DOES HIREZ ALSO MEAN MLTICH TO YOU?

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
I posted this question on another forum and it seemed to get some spirited discussion.

Many of the early sacd tiltles and even quite a few NOW are in 2ch only, so I was wondering if the members here feel that at title of HIREZ music has to be mltich before they would buy it.

I own quite a few Miles Davis Jazz titles and Glen Gould piano sacds that I don't think mltich would have added much to, but how do you feel?

Peter m.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I personally look for multi-channel music, rather than hi-res 2-channel, but I understand the attraction of 2-channel SACD.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I have to want it pretty bad to buy a hi rez stereo disc. &nbsp;I did buy the Satch's &quot;Engines Of Creation&quot; even tho it's just stereo.

I bought that new disc of Holst's &quot;The Planets&quot;, with Colin Mathews &quot;Pluto&quot;, just assuming it was MC. D'oh!
&nbsp; Just stereo. &nbsp;It sounds pretty good for a mere stereo recording, but short of how good it could have sounded.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
And for the most part if it's well done, (not like the sacd &quot;Concert for New york City&quot;) I agree that mltich is what we want as an envelopiing experience.
And we can discuss live albums seperately.

Anyone who has seen posts of mine here and elsewhere may remember my repetitive MANTRA &quot;It's all about the music&quot;
I truly believe that as long as we get the HIREZ product, whether it's 2ch or mlti is very much influanced by the type of music.

To elaborate on my Miles Davis sacds and 1 dvd-a most are 2ch a few are mlti (the dvd-a TUTU you have the option.)  I don't think (this is very subjective) that I'm missing anything in these very well done 2ch efforts. I also have ELLA and Satch as well as Billie HOLIDAY in 2ch (it's a natural to me)

On the other side of the coin, WHY they would produce SANTANA'S ABRAXUS in 2ch is beyond me.  This album was begging for mltich.

Peter m.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis