Does anyone know anything about Audioline home theater systems?

J

johnniespaceboy

Audiophyte
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Audioline Home theater systems, if they are good, or bad or what? I just got one off the back of a truck probably stolen for $200 for a "$2000" system and I checked there website and saw it said "$1900" but im not sure if its all a scam because I cant seem to find any reviews about there products or anything anywhere. Its a Audioline Home Theater System 2005 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic II with 575 watts. If anyone knows anything about them or if its a good system or not it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
john

J

jimmit

Junior Audioholic
Here are some clues to the quality of your system:

1) A quote from Audioline's website - "Audioline has been manufacturing and distributing above average audio worldwide for the last nine years." How many audio manufacturers describe their gear as only "above average." At least they may be honest about their quality.

2) Audioline's website does not contain a physical address for their company (at least not one that I could find). Where are they located? Outer Mongolia? Did you get any literature, e.g., warranty card, etc., bearing a company address? I've never seen a legitimate company's website not have an address or telephone number.

3) You can't find any professional reviews for them.

And the biggest clue:

3) YOU BOUGHT THEM OFF THE BACK OF A TRUCK!!!!

But, what's done is done. What's important now is, how do they sound to you?

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
johnniespaceboy said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Audioline Home theater systems, if they are good, or bad or what? I just got one off the back of a truck probably stolen for $200 for a "$2000" system and I checked there website and saw it said "$1900" but im not sure if its all a scam because I cant seem to find any reviews about there products or anything anywhere. Its a Audioline Home Theater System 2005 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic II with 575 watts. If anyone knows anything about them or if its a good system or not it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
john
Agree with above. YOU BOUGHT IT OFF THE BACK OF A TRUCK!!!
It is likely a piece of crap, $100 system you got for $200, thinking you got a discount of $1800. Sorry. But at least you only lost $200 and you got a stereo. It works, right?

Pat

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
the domain is registered to a person, not a company. that usually isn't a great start. If I check a few other misc websites of small companies, all of their domains are registered to a person AND a company... intersting don't cha think?
Perhaps a scam. the only other place you can buy that merchandice that I can see via google is on ebay through auctions. Many of the auctions look to be new sellers as well. The only other piece of info I could find that was interesting was a court case in Australia between someone selling speakers under the name "Audioline"

All things considered, it looks like you got a deal on them... I hope someone doesn't buy one of the auctions on ebay... a pair of fronts are going for $850, and then another auction with what looks like a much more legit ebayer selling the pair for only $150 (he opened 1 box to inspect for damage, and "just didn't have time to set them up") I don't know if it's just me, but the box and the speaker look increadibly cheaply made. I'm guessing that's what that guy thought when he opened up one of the boxes.

If they sound good to you... that's great!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis