Does anyone have Warfedale Mach 9 speakers out there?

S

Soji

Audiophyte
I just aquired a pair of Warfedale mach 9's, circa 1981. Someone in my building was moving and left them outside to be disposed of. I grabbed them, brought them inside, hooked them up...and they sound absolutly magnificent. Way better then the old Soundesign floorstanding speakers I have. I wonder if someone could give me some info regarding how they perform against B&W's, or other well known Hi-Fi speakers. All info about these speakers would be greatly appreciated; mainly because I can find almost no info on them on the web. Help Please.

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
Dumpster diving is great. I once left a pair of DIY floorstanding cabinets near the dumpster, they were gone by the next day.

And one time I found a small powered sub...I don't know if it worked, I ripped it apart an discovered an alarming practice of putting a 4" driver inside box, with a fancy looking 8" passive radiator on the outside :confused:

Got any pictures?

S

Soji

Audiophyte
Wharfedale mach 9's

Don'y have pic of them yet, as I aquired them today. Sorry. I'll send you some tomorrow if that's acceptable. Thanks for your reply. Oh, and I do agree with you that dumster diving rules... I live in NYC...and it's the best place to dumpster treasure hunt. Thanks.

B

badboi

Audiophyte
Have you tried sending a message to the Wharfedale website and asking them for any information on these? Sometimes they keep information on their older speaker lines (and sometimes if you dig you can find info about them hidden on their site). I can't find any info on these speakers for you.

I have the Diamond Series of Wharfies and for the money I paid for them, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I was listening to some higher priced speakers recently (they start with a "P" and are made in Canada) and came away really disappointed in them. I thought after reading all the hype about them I would be moved and blown away, but my Wharfies sounded warmer and much more to my liking. Enjoy your find!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis