Does anybody here besides me watch "Smallville"?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
C'mon, I know you're out there...

OK, the big thing this season is that someone buys the farm, and I'm not talking the Kent's place, either. They have been talking it up all season and it takes place this week.

Who do you think it will be? I'll place my vote now and give my reasons. That way if I'm wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time) I've been up front.

I'll say Chloe's contract doesn't get renewed. Why?

1) Virtually everyone else (save Lionel Luthor) is superfluous to the Superman mythos. Ma and Pa Kent, Lana, Lois and Lex all have important parts in Superman's future and to kill them off now would go totally against the historical flow. They do seem to be trying to incorporate as much of his DC Comics mythos (in one modified form or another) in this show. ...and a little from the Superman II movie as well.

2) She knows... Even in the old "Lois and Clark" series, anyone who stumbled on Superman's secret identity (or is it the other way around?) met with an unfortunate end, although it was usually in the same episode.

So, anyone else care to chime in? Bueller?...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i do...

i say, they're gonna do jonathan kent.

a senator Kent is the contradiction to the original story.

(but i never heard they were gonna kill off somebody)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
they're axing smallville?! somehow I had a feeling that would happen.

to further my guess ... jonathan kent dies of sadness (heart attack) when he loses the election! (hehe)

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Smallville is my favorite TV show and I have also seen every episode. I heard about them killing someone off, and never thought about Pete. Would be very easy to do as he isn't on the show anymore.... I thought it would be Lana, but being that I haven't seen the superman movies, didnt know she was alive in them, I thought Lois was his love interest in all those...?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I have never seen the show, but I got to appear in an episode. :D

Our football team went out for extras on the set, and the opposing team(in the show) used our uniforms.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, considering that the WB as a station will be gone in Septemeber, I'd expect quite a few of their lower rated shows to be going away. Not sure about Smallville though.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yes and No

j_garcia said:
Well, considering that the WB as a station will be gone in Septemeber, I'd expect quite a few of their lower rated shows to be going away. Not sure about Smallville though.
Warner Brothers is merging with UPN. Since between the two of them they might be able to put together one good schedule, this might not be a bad idea. WB tends to appeal to the younger demographics wit hteir pretty, perfevt teen ager shows and UPS, well, they seem to go for anything that might draw attention.

I think Smallvillle will stay as well as other shows that seem to mimic that philosophy. It's one of their best performers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
markw said:
Warner Brothers is merging with UPN. Since between the two of them they might be able to put together one good schedule, this might not be a bad idea. WB tends to appeal to the younger demographics wit hteir pretty, perfevt teen ager shows and UPS, well, they seem to go for anything that might draw attention.

I think Smallvillle will stay as well as other shows that seem to mimic that philosophy. It's one of their best performers.
I'd imagine Smallville is one that will stay. The two mentioned specifically that would be retained were Everybody Hates Chris on UPN and Gilmore Girls (WB?). There will most likely be a fallout, but the top performers will be blended together to get the most of the new channel.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
mike c said:
i say, they're gonna do jonathan kent.

a senator Kent is the contradiction to the original story.
predictable. :p :rolleyes:

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
They dont' have to many more seasons left to do with this show before it turns into Superman not Smallville. I think the next season will be the last and it will focus on Clark becoming/being Superman and Lex becoming the supervillian which it looks to happen in the next few episodes.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
hindsight is 20/20.

mike c said:
predictable. :p :rolleyes:
He simply could have lost the election, which is what I guessed In virtually all other "Superman" scenarios Pa Kent is alive and kicking.

But, they certainly threw enough red herrings into that episode.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
btw markw, you'd think clark kent FLYING would be a big deal. when did that happen (consciously, not when he was with red kryptonite)?

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I'd have to think Johnathan Kent,....from what I recall of the comics of my youth,... he should die of a heart attack.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nova, yup he did in the comic books. he also (already) did in the series

personally, i would have wanted lana dead. hehe

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I really dislike that Lana character. She just doesn't know how to act. Nowadays, everytime I see scenes with her in it, I just instinctively cringe. I mean, does she even know how to deliver her role besides that paranoid, schizophrenic, all stressed out approach? Out of the entire cast, that Lana character has got to be the WORST actress on the whole set.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis