do you have a wii and big screen?

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
Does the wii work well with a projector? I will have a 102" screen. I was wondering if it will work good since the sensor bar so little.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
As long as the bar is placed in the right location according to the manual, it will work find.

SheepStar

kicknsupra

kicknsupra

Audioholic
mine works fine with my 92 i even called nintendo to make sure befor i got one

dnice555

dnice555

Audioholic
I have a 52 inch lcd - not 102 by any means but it works fine. The wii remote sensor isn't as responsive as I had hoped. It basically just registers simple movements which aren't as accurate as you'd think.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm using my Wii with a 73" DLP tv and no problems to report.

J

JKL1960

Audioholic
I have a 106" screen in a room almost 22 feet long. The Wii works very well. When wiring my room I ran some Cat5 to the same outlet as the center channel speaker. All my equipment, including the Wii, is at the back of the room. I used the Cat5 to extend the Wii sensor bar which now sits on top of the screen. It does lose a little sensitivity to the back of the room but overall it works from anywhere in the room. I had played with battery powered sensor bars (with a suitable wall-wart hacked in) but had no love. It worked but they had less range than the Wii sensor.

It's easy to splice into the Wii sensor bar. It has two very fine wires, positive and negative. The wires have a coating for insulation which has to be melted off. Then you can just solder. Mine now runs through about 30 feet of Cat5.

Sensor bar is a misnomer. The bar just has two IR light sources, the Wiimote is the sensor. I'm going to try building a brighter one with separate lights so that the width can be varied. Should be fairly trivial, just need to put butt in gear. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis