Do I need a new DVD player?

T

tyronen

Audiophyte
I just bought a Panasonic SC-HT05 system. The manual indicates that six audio cables, one for each channel, are required to connect the receiver to a DVD player. My DVD player (a Samsung DVD-709) only has two audio outputs. Connecting these results in only the front speakers giving sound.

The DVD player also has a digital coax output. Would buying a cable and connecting it give me full surround sound, or would I still be missing something?

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
First, your asking if you need a new DVD player at a site called Audioholics! The answer is always YES! :eek:

Just kiddding, but seriously........ :cool:

The six audio cables for each channel is for DVD-A and SACD. If it's not a DVD-A or SACD player, no need for 6 cables.

I would scrap the 2 channel audio plugs and go with a Digital Coax assuming your receiver has this input. This is for digital formats like DTS and DPLII, etc.

Shinerman

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Shinerman said:
I would scrap the 2 channel audio plugs and go with a Digital Coax assuming your receiver has this input. This is for digital formats like DTS and DPLII, etc.

Shinerman
And stereo as well. And matrixing stereo to pro logic surround sound. Some prefer that presentation to just 2 ch.

P

pedens

Audiophyte
Help with connecting Daewoo DVD player to older Samsung TV

Hello,

I've completed the connections for the DVD player to the TV, but the picture on the TV roles vertically when a DVD is inserted, loaded and played. How can I get it to STOP? Please help!

I'm gonna try to connect another DVD/VCR combo to the TV tonight to ensure that the DVD player is not defective. Other than that, I have no idea what to try next to get rid of the rolling picture.

FYI, the TV works fine when the DVDD player is not is use.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have that I can try.

Paula in Salt Lake City

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis