Dls Flatbox Speakers

M

MJI

Enthusiast
Does anyone own DLS Flatbox speakers? I'm looking for in wall or on wall speakers for my open basement. I need something to listen to music, while playing pool, or sitting at the bar and playing cards. Looking at the Flatbox m1 in particular. Frequency response 45 hz to 30 khz, 4 ohm's, sensitivity 91. They also have a in wall subwoofer, however I would probably get a SVS pc2000. DLS is a Swedish company more popular in other parts of the world than in the US. I also have a dedicated theater in the basement for more critical listening, but i would still like to get the best sound I can for the rest of the basement.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I know nothing about this brand or speaker, but few things stand out to me as red flags :1) bi-wiring,2) 45hz bass out of tiny box and 6.5" a single woofer 3) frequency spec provided without limitation is useless as it could be rated at -30db 45hz,which means only dogs could hear it.

M

MJI

Enthusiast
Thanks for the response, looks like Triad has quite a few on wall's in their line up. Looking at the Bronze as a possibility.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You also might check Accessories4less offerings:
They have Canton on-wall speakers. I have not heard them, but the two bookshelf speakers I have heard by them were well designed and competitive speakers for the regular price and bargains after being discounted.
In particular are the GLE416, new, for $320/pr

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/spkonwall/speakers/on-wall-speakers/1.html

Also note that they also sell KEF and DefTech on-wall speakers (go to page 2 of the link). They are listed, but do not have any in stock, however, if they interest you, you can call A4L and ask about future expectations.

They also have in-wall speakers from Focal, Canton, Polk, DefTech, etc:
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/spkinwall/speakers/in-wall-speakers/1.html

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis