DLNA / "networking" receivers

F

FNG212

Audioholic
Does anyone have any experience with DLNA or these so called "networking" receivers or blu ray players? I'm implementing whole house media streaming using digitized DVDs/tv shows for around the house. I'm trying to figure out the most effiecient way of doing it now and for add-on capability in the future.

Currently only the Living Room needs "on demand" media but eventually the Bed Rooms and possibly Kitchen as well. These will probably be utilized by DLNA capable TVs that can pull directly. My current TV can't do it so I'm looking at other devices.

I'm looking at upgrading my receiver anyway since it can't do HDMI or anything of the like. Also I don't have a BR player and havent convinced myself to get one yet because my TV is 720p so I tell myself its not worth it.

Also not sure if this belong in "HTPC" thread or if its OK here.

Thanks in advance.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
IMO streaming music is fine for all of them (bells and whistles will make the choice as to which one), but wifi streaming movies isnt as cut and dry and imo all enabled units should be hardwired. Both of my Plasma displays are being used to handle movies and music. Carefully plan your network and shop away:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis