DIY Stereo Suitcase Need Help

J

Joe Shambrook

Audiophyte
Hi,

I know little about how to do this project as it is quite complicated in my eyes, as there are so many variations to subs, midranges, tweeters, crossovers and amplifiers. But I wish to make a stereo suitcase, where it has four 8 ohm tweeters, one 8 ohm mid range and two 8 ohm sub woofers. Firstly I was wondering whether this would have good sound quality with the variation of components, I know quality of them is what matters, but the set-up isn't completely stupid?

Also what crossover I would need? I was thinking a 3-way crossover, but then only having one mid range speaker confuses me where I would connect that to, would it go straight to the amp meaning I would just need a 2-way? Also having two tweeters in each crossover, would I have to connect the two tweeters together before connecting them to the crossovers? I don't have a clue what crossover to use, or whether to make my own, so advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

And then what amplifier would I use, I wanted to use the lepai lp-2020a+ because it is cheap but I dont know if it could handle the speakers and subs i'll be using. The speakers I wish to use are these:

2x GRS 8PR-8 8" Poly Cone Rubber Surround Woofer
1x Tymphany FSL-0512R01-08 Professional 5-1/4" Midrange Woofer Driver 8 Ohm
4x Titan 1" Gold-Tone Poly Dome Tweeter 8 Ohm

All on the parts-express website

Any advice would be much appreciated, I know it is possible as I have seen a stereo suitcase using these compnents, but just not sure what crossover or amplifier is used.

Thank You

Joe

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis